5.15.2013

As sisters in Zion, we'll bring the world his truth.

If you are above the age of fourteen, a member of the Church, and especially privy to 24/7 spirituality for one week and cliche microrelationships that blossom from literally nothing to full-fledged "dating" in less than a week, chances are you attended at least one EFY program in your youth.

Let me explain.

The Especially for Youth program, or EFY, is a program organized by the Church to get the youth more engaged in activities that invite the spirit, encourage good habits of reading scriptures and writing in a journal and to develop relationships with other teens who believe in the same things.

I think the EFY program gets a lot of flack, especially from those who have been, loved it, but don't want to admit it. Everyone's all, "EFY? Pff. I went to that, like, once in junior high. It was soooooo awkward and long. Definitely not my favorite."

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Quit kidding yourself. Unless you're like my friend who almost got kicked out for wearing a Shade shirt. Then keep on keeping on. (Weird, right?)

I had a lot of fun.....I don't know. Maybe I'm just....different. (Fantastic Mr. Fox, anyone?)

Well, as I was perusing iTunes today to start building up my mission music library, I came across the EFY medley, which contains the songs "As Sisters in Zion" and "We'll Bring the World His Truth." Watch it here.

I honestly had forgotten about how much I truly love this song. I don't know what it is really, but I think ever since I've gotten my call, anything and everything having to do with missionary work either brings me to happy tears or has me checking up on my little portal countdown thing (84 DAYS WOOP WOOP)....this song is basically a timeless example of a perfect missionary song.

My favorite line out of the whole song is simply, "And we will be the Lord's missionaries, To bring the world His truth."

It's incredible to me to see the influx of missionaries that are truly going out to bring the world His truth. By the end of this year, a large majority of my friends will all be out serving, and those who aren't, I know are definitely playing a huge part on the homefront. I'm so grateful to be surrounded by countless examples and wonderful people who are willing to sacrifice 18 months to 2 years in order to help bring the light of this gospel to people all over this world. The church is true, ladies and gentlemen, and I absolutely love it with my whole heart.

In the words of one of my favorite people, the prophet Joseph Smith,

"The Standard of Truth has been erected;
no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing;
persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame,
but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent,
till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country,
and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished,
and the Great Jehovah shall say
the work is done."

No comments:

Post a Comment