8.14.2013

I'm Alive


HELLO FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

This is truly the best day of my whole LIFEEEEEEE. Hi. Okay. Where to begin.
First off, thanks to Mom and Dad for the packages...you guys rock! The greenie one was adorable, and I got the PJs today. THANK YOU THANK YOU! The dearelders from the Marks,  Dede, Maddy, Kenz and Mom and Dad were also amazing. Thank you so much! Mail is literally the lifeblood of the MTC...keep it coming!! :)
ALRIGHT. Let me start by saying that I'm literally the happiest I've ever been at this given moment. The MTC is such an amazing place! I love it here. In the matter of a week, I've grown more spiritually than I can ever imagine.....and I've gained 9 new best friends. My district rocks. Lemme tell you about them!

My comp is Sister Williams.....she's way funny! We have so much fun. She has pretty much the same humor as me.....so we get along GREAT. She's from Idaho and went to BYU-I....she's a blast to be around. My other roommates are Sis Nelson and Smith. They're from Idaho and Oklahoma...Sister Nelson is 25! I respect her a ton for coming so late.....she's such a great example. They're coming to VANCOUVER! We all have such a fun time together. We're the only sisters in our district. The elders are E. Leavitt and Greenland, E. Boothe and Cummins and E. Englestead and Alldredge....only the last two elders are coming with us to Canada, so it's way sad! But we already have a quote wall and such...too much fun. Our teacher's name is Brother Adjei....he's from GHANA!! He has THEE sickest accent. He also is way cool. I JUST LOVE IT HERE.
The second day I was here we got progressing investigators to teach that we've been working with almost everyday....it's our teacher, but they act like someone they met on their mission. It's a wayyyy intense schedule, but it's a blast. Teaching is WAY hard. A lot harder than I thought. It's crazy to begin to get in this mindset where you have to simplify the gospel down to like a Primary level. I'm learning so much, because there is so much time TO learn so much! My testimony while I've been here has grown monumentally....you feel the Spirit pretty much every second of every day. It's such a great environment. I love it!
Yesterday we had a devotional in the Marriott Center like I guess they do every Wednesday...but guess who was the speaker!? RICHARD G SCOTT. The feeling of the Holy Ghost in the air was literally tangible. He got talking about his wife and paused. He then said, "I know that the Lord has permitted her to be with us today."
HOW. COOL. IS. THAT. It was dead silent in the room. We had a chance to bear our testimonies as a district after and all of us mentioned how that was one of the most spiritual experiences of our whole life. :)
Earlier this week, on Sunday we got to watch a Christmas Day devo by Elder Bednar that he gave at the MTC about the character of Christ....literally the best talk I've ever heard and you can ONLY HEAR IT IN THE MTC....SO sorry. The main point was to put off the natural man and reach outward...and the only way we can do that is true conversion. He had a quote that I really loved. He said:
"Testimony is knowing what is true. Conversion is being true to what you know."
Isn't that awesome!?
So for those of you who were worried, I'm still the same old Emi. There's this drinking fountain right outside the cafeteria that I went to go drink from on my second day....yeah. It was one of the ones that sprays WAY far....I WAS SOAKED IN THE FACE. I had like 4 senior couples ROLLING....how awkward. I've tripped about 180000 times too....this whole "ALL skirt ALL the time" thing takes some getting used to. Also, one of the Elders is named Boothe, right? One morning Sister Nelson went, "Hey Elder, do you ever watch Bones?" ALL of the sisters in our district then screamed, "AGENT BOOTHE!" So Mom? I've made friends. No worries. ;)
Here's also some points of interest for the week! :)
1. One of our zone leaders was Canadian...he left, he didn't die....hahaha. Anyway he would always say "Go study in the foyer" but pronounce it foy-YAY...like the French. (S/O to Hai Henson!) I can't go back, so don't judge me if I say foyeur when I get home.
2. Bishop Law's nephew is in my zone. He's going to Denver! Small world.
3. You literally see everyone in the MTC. I've seen people that went to DHS and Utah State that I had NO idea knew me and they all say hi. It's the friendliest place.
4. Everyone here stops you as you're walking and bears their testimony in the language they are learning. So far I've heard Japanese, Korean, French and Portuguese. It really hit me this week how universal this church is....it's truly amazing.
5. One sister said "Poke the bear" and I laughed for DAYS.
6. All my roommates frequently quote Nacho Libre. HAHAHA. Best day EVER.
7. The orange juice does nothing to you. That was quite a relief. The MTC food is actually really good!
Hmmmmm.....what else. WE GOT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE TODAY! It was beyond awesome. It's gorgeous on the inside and out...just as it should be. :)

 I'll write more in letters and such, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm safe and SO happy. This place is truly an amazing place. In the short seven days I've been here, I've learned so much about this gospel, my Savior and myself. I encourage all who are even thinking about a mission to go. It's hard, every single day is hard....but I wouldn't be anywhere else right now.
I miss you all and love you so much! I'll talk to you soon! :)
XOXO

Sister Emi


No comments:

Post a Comment