8.27.2013

Hiiii

 
Just a quick start, my P-DAY is usually Monday....but we got to go to the TEMPLE today!!!!!!!!!!!! Best day EVER. It's gorgeous! These trips only happen once every 3 months...I came at the right time! :)

Well, Welcome to Abbotsford, B.C., home of coffee dates, Santa stalkers, police encounters and people who eat raw eggs!!

Yes, all of those did happen this week. Mom, don't be worried, I'm still alive and kickin'.

Well, like I said, here I sit in Abbotsford, British Columbia. It's a GORGEOUS town...like a mix of Kaysville, Park City, Bountiful and Forks, WA....no vampires yet though. ;) I'm seriously loving it here. Before I forget, here's my address so you ALL can write me...I miss letters. ;)

33981 Car-lin Lane
Abbotsford, BC
V2S 2L3

Okay. Where to begin. The last week of the MTC was seriously some of the best times of my whole life. I LOVE MY DISTRICT. Gah. I miss them already and it's been like a week. We said goodbye to the Ohio elders last Tuesday (#WDE) and then headed off bright and early Wednesday morning. Being in the real world as a missionary was WEEEEEEIRD at the beginning. I feel like I looked like a zoo animal in the airport...probably did. I was SO happy to be able to talk to the family....I miss you guys like crazy. Glad to hear you're doing well! :) After we talked, I hopped on the plane and headed to VANCOUVER! We were in the airport in BC for like 5465405 hours going through customs...the Proposal depicted it well. I pretty much had to trade in my first child to enter this country...but GOOD NEWS! I'm here to stay. :)

After the airport, we went to the mission office and met the Tilleman's! Pres. and Sis. Tilleman are THE coolest people I've ever met. They are so inspired and so kind and so loving. We ended up sleeping in a hotel that night, awaiting our assignments at transfer conference the next day.......that was killer. No sleep that night for sure. :) At transfer conference, we were interviewed and it was determined that I was to spend at least the next 6 weeks in ABBOTSFORD with Sister Bowman. SHE IS THE BEST. I love her....she's so patient, bless her soul. I'm learning more day by day thanks to her awesome example. We live in a basement apartment of this young couple named the Gurrs....they are awesome. Fun fact? Brother Gurr served his mission with Ash's uncle Andy! And Taylor Bybee's brother! Small world. He said they're both way neat.

Every single day here has been an adventure. There is SO much work to do, so missionary life is pretty hard, but it's SO worth it. Feeling the spirit that can enter a home that's never had it before is SUCH an amazing feeling. My first night, we taught a couple former investigators that hadn't really been receptive before...and we have two return appts! The Lord works miracles here in Abbotsford, because of EXACT obedience. That's also sort of hard...EXACTLY obedient, but I can testify that it truly brings forth miracles.

Like not dying for example....Sunday night we went for a walk with a less active lady named Sis Nice. As we were walking past this school, we walk past a teenage boy sitting propped up against the school, gun in hand and video camera pointed at him.....we walked past calmly, then sis Nice called the cops......I don't think I've ever prayed so hard in my life...but it worked, because I'm still here. There were like 6 cops though...I can't seem to get away. ;) Hahahahahahaha. 

Street contacting stories? Alright. We gave a mormon.org card to a man who looked like Santa, thinking he'd be nice. Instead he goes, "Why isn't your picture on this card? I'd take it if it had your picture...how old are you?" Emi would have said, "Ew, too young for you, sicko." but since I'm Sis Facer now I had to say, "I'm flattered, but this message is not about me...but I encourage you to check out this website!" EW EW EW EW EW. Creepy old men scare me. But he took the card? I'll be handing that referral off to the elders.

Another man we tracted said I was one of the best salespeople he'd ever met. After we had a conversation about business and the church, he offered to take me out for coffee after we were done around 5. He was also old. I said sorry, but no........ (NOT EVER) (EVEN POST MISSIONARY)......I'm certainly not in Kaysville anymore. (But I'm being safe Mom and Dad, I promise! :)

Yesterday, we went over to a member's house for dinner! It's hard, because I don't think the members like the missionaries too much....there's like 5 people I've met that love us. THANK HEAVENS FOR THEM. :) Anyway, their Japanese foreign exchange student made us this rice and chicken plate. He asked us if we wanted egg on it, to which I was like, "Yeah, eggs are good."

CRACK. The raw egg is on my plate. And you'll be so proud of me I ATE THE WHOLE THING WITHOUT GAGGING. Miracles, I tell you. We tried teaching him the plan of Salvation after......it was hard, but so good. 

I have to run, but I love you all to death. Seriously miss you all. I hope Kels and Zach are having a fantastic time at school, and I look forward to hearing from you soon! Sure love you guys!! WRITE ME TONS. :) XOXOXO.

Sister Emi

P.S. Everyone here says EH. It's so true. And "Oat and a boat." instead of out and about. How different, but I like it!!!

P.P.S. THE CHURCH IS TRUE. Sure love you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment